World’s Largest Art Museum
Did you know?
- The Louvre is the most visited museum in the world!
- If you spent 1 minute viewing each piece in the museum, it would take more than 48 days (without breaks) to see them all!
- The Louvre was once the home of Louis XIV!
- Biggest art museum of the world with a collection of 460,000 objects but less than 10% of which are on display!
- First opened to the public as a museum in 1793!
Avoid the queues
Queues to the Louvre can be tiring. The main entrance through the Louvre pyramid is always crowded. Use the entrance located in the underground shopping center, Carrousel du Louvre, where you can buy your tickets and pass the security checks free of hassle. If you want to explore the pyramid, You can always do so on your way out.
Watch out for Tuesdays!
The Louvre is closed on Tuesdays. Take the opportunity to visit other attractions nearby.
Give yourself plenty of time
The museum is massive. Arrive early, Grab one of the free maps at the ticket counter. On wednes days and Fridays this museum opens till 9:45 PM. Normally museum is open from 9.00 AM to 6:00 PM.
Ticket prices start at just 12 Euro for access to the permanent collections. From October to March access to the permanent collections is free on the first Sunday of each month. On French public holidays the museum may be closed or may have shorter hours.
A guide can definitely help. contact one of our agent for more details.